Muscovy Duck Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:09:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pinioning/clipping??

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinioning/clipping??  (Read 244 times)
SylviaMBT

« on: March 06, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »

Hi all,
I'm new to ducks and Muscovies and wondered if anyone has experience/advise about pinioning/clipping the ducklings? I'd like to allow the ducks to range freely during the days and I'm hoping the rich variety of flies surrounding my beef herd will keep them happily occupied close to home, but the brook is a quarter mile from the house and I don't really want them flying into the vegetable garden/orchard (hot wired for cattle and deer). Hope to hear from an experienced person on this forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

charlindabob

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »

Hi all,
I'm new to ducks and Muscovies and wondered if anyone has experience/advise about pinioning/clipping the ducklings? I'd like to allow the ducks to range freely during the days and I'm hoping the rich variety of flies surrounding my beef herd will keep them happily occupied close to home, but the brook is a quarter mile from the house and I don't really want them flying into the vegetable garden/orchard (hot wired for cattle and deer). Hope to hear from an experienced person on this forum.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Seems like there is little interest in posting on this forum.  That's a shame when there is little support for a potentially very good forum.

Anyway, I pinon day old Muscovys which helps keep them close to home and semi-flightless.  Once your birds know there is a creek a quarter of a mile away, it may be hard to keep them at home.  Best they never find it and stay happy close by.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:57:27 pm by charlindabob » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics