Muscovy Duck Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:28:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Home needed for male muscovy duckling - Central Florida - Urgent

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home needed for male muscovy duckling - Central Florida - Urgent  (Read 139 times)
JMB678

« on: September 03, 2012, 02:05:31 am »

I rescued a baby muscovy duckling the first week in August. He was about to be eaten by a hawk, his mother was nowhere in site. I am guessing he was about two weeks old max, at the time.

Our family has done a very good job raising him. We named him Gabriel, Gabe for short. He is very handsome, intelligent, loving, and funny. He likes to curl up at your feet and go to sleep, chase ice cubes (and various cat toys), and follow people around the house. He gets baths on the back porch and we've trained him to follow us out the door and back in the door after his bath time. He is getting used to his name, and will come when you call him most of the time. Basically, he is an excellent pet.

When I rescued him, I just wanted to save his life and I really wasn't thinking about anything long-term. It was help him or let him die. He is growing very rapidly and we just cannot keep him. We also have a dog and five cats who are not at all pleased to have him living here.

I have attached a recent picture (from the last week or so) and I hope it comes through on here or else I will edit and add a URL to the image. If anyone is interested, please contact me. We really need to get him a good home and soon.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:07:25 am by JMB678 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics