Muscovy Duck Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:15:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Duckling Colours

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duckling Colours  (Read 617 times)
New Duck

« on: July 07, 2011, 08:13:02 am »

Hi everyone!  I'm new here, and just had my first bunch of ducklings hatch!  The hen laid shortly after I got her so I'm not 100% sure what the dad looks like, my own drake is all white.  The hen is all brown.  Any guesses on what colours these guys will be?  I know from reading another similar post the flash probably didn't help.  I assume the dark ones will be black, some of them seem to have a reddish tinge though.  I'm curious about the three up front to the right, will they be brown and white?  There were two pastel drakes where I got the hen from, attached a pic of one drake I got from the same place, cannot remember what the other drakes were!  Lots of beautiful happy birds there!

Kathy the New Duck

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cathy
Duck Herder Extraordinaire
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:42 am »

I would say you're going to have whites (with or without a small amount of color) and a few chocolates and blacks, probably will be pied.  I don't see what I'd think would be blue but the flash might affect that, just can't say for sure.

Report Spam   Logged

The information I have provided in this message is based on my own personal experiences, the experiences of others who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, and a dash of opinion thrown in for extra flavor.  Your mileage may vary! Shocked)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics