Muscovy Duck Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:15:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How to behave here!

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to behave here!  (Read 871 times)
Cathy
Duck Herder Extraordinaire
Administrator

« on: February 21, 2009, 01:47:11 am »

Let's start out with a funny little video clip... How to behave here!

Now to the business at hand...  Please read the following information on forum etiquette prior to posting.  If you are a member of the forum you are expected to follow the rules.

Please treat all members with respect.  We all have our bad days but please, let's try to stay away from hostile, disrespectful, or condescending posts.  

Watch the language ~ membership is open to anyone age 13 and over, and as a result we must try to maintain an environment suitable for those who are not yet adults.

PETA style rants will not be allowed, period.  While I certainly advocate responsible ownership and humane treatment, this forum is geared towards ALL aspects of the breed, including meat production.  If you're sensitive to such posts, please avoid the meat production forum.

Posts regarding diapering or keeping ducks in the house will not be allowed, either.  I realize that some brood ducklings indoors, however, keeping an active, healthy, adult duck in the house is an entirely different story and posts about this subject are not welcome on this forum.  

I'm neurotic about organization so I expect members to keep posts crisp, clean, and concise.  Please avoid excessive spelling or grammatical errors.  While I do not expect users to be perfect I do expect them to go to the effort to create posts that are thought out and easy to follow.  Run on sentences, those without commas, periods, or proper capitalization are incredibly hard to read.

Please put posts in the appropriate forum.  The forum's purpose is to be a teaching tool and it's much easier for people with questions to find information related to their problem in the correct forum.  Mods will move any post that can be served better in a different forum.

Photos are allowed in the forums, however we ask that they be no larger than 640X480 or 480X640.  Photobucket allows you to re-size your photos for this purpose.

If you experience problems with how the board functions, please use the Admin. forum to address your questions & describe the situation.  If you have issues with another member or would like to make a complaint, please address these using the Private Message feature here on the board so Admin. can address them.  Do not air complaints in any public area of the forum.

All private messages and their content are to remain private and not disclosed without permission by both parties.  Harassment by Private Message will not be tolerated.

Last but not least, please have fun & help us promote this wonderful breed!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:21:53 pm by Cathy » Report Spam   Logged

The information I have provided in this message is based on my own personal experiences, the experiences of others who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, and a dash of opinion thrown in for extra flavor.  Your mileage may vary! Shocked)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics