Muscovy Duck Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:45:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Panel Height

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panel Height  (Read 1044 times)
road

« on: December 25, 2010, 10:31:38 pm »

How tall are the largest muscovies?  I want to build wired panels out of 2x4's and 1/2 inch welded wire.  Standard wire widths are 24 inch, 36 inch and up.  Need to know if I can use the 24 or 36 inch widths?  I want to build the panels before ordering my muscovies.  Thanks, road
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cathy
Duck Herder Extraordinaire
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:41:02 pm »

Hi,

Are you referring to the height of the wire?  I have 4' wire and while it works fairly well, they can easily fly over it and you do occasionally get those climbers who will go over it.  I used it simply because it was what was available to me.  I would choose 5' if I were buying wire.  They can still go over that if they really want to, but usually once they recognize a place as home they're not too inclined to leave unless there's something more enticing on the outside.
Report Spam   Logged

The information I have provided in this message is based on my own personal experiences, the experiences of others who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, and a dash of opinion thrown in for extra flavor.  Your mileage may vary! Shocked)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics