Muscovy Duck Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:56:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Aussie Muscovies (NSW/ACT)

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aussie Muscovies (NSW/ACT)  (Read 225 times)
Gillmer

« on: November 23, 2010, 12:15:18 am »

Hey,

I have some eggs being nested on at the request of a neighbour, although the two ducks sitting appear to have more than 20 eggs between them and I'm sure he won't want them all.

One, Bronnie, has hatched previously - she is a pure white muscovy duck. The sire of her current batch, Apollo, is black/green/white and therefore there is likely to be an array of colours among her hatchlings.

The second duck, Vesta, is also a pure white muscovy duck. There have been 3 drakes who have had access to her, all Bronnie's sons (from her previous hatch) and all, also, white. Only one of the boys is pure white, the other two have black markings on their head. Therefore these hatchlings will most likely be pure white with a smattering of black, if that.

I have 10 ducks/drakes in my yard and can't really afford to keep many more, although I do plan on using 2 of the 3 brothers (maybe all 3) for table fare in the next few months. So may keep 1 or 2. Other than that, there's going to be plenty more to go.

Will consider giving to people who want one or more as pets (especially girls as their production of eggs is good) or breeders. If you want drakes as table fare, I will only consider giving it to you if you allow them to breed first. (i.e. replace the bird you eat with another with its genetics).

Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics