Muscovy Duck Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:58:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

feather molting

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: feather molting  (Read 7194 times)
drakesweeper

« on: December 01, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »

I am unsure of his actual age since I have never been around muscovy before. Though it is likely someone who knows them would be able to say. I have had him a year now, when he came to us he was already grown and starting to get red on his face. I thought he was female based on pictures I looked at online at the time. He was on our lake (where there had never been muscovy and rarely other ducks either despite it being a good sized lake). So November last year he had the beginning ring of red which was bright red face in early spring. We suspected he was an easter chick or something and someone had abandoned him. He saw us and bee lined to us came up fast and never left. That first day we fed him like 3/4 loaf of bread he was starving! He hung around and we started feeding him corn and more appropriate foods, flew away each eve and returned each AM. Spent time on the lake but generally groomed our yard and hung around. We showed him a mirror for fun and he freaked out and climbed into my lap. Ever since then he has been held daily, tucking his head in and enjoying being tickled under the wing and neck and face (loves his face stroked). He is particularly attached to me this summer and was very nippy, with some basic training he has not been biting hard. I walk around with him on my forearm, he presses up against my face. So, how old would that make him?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics