Muscovy Duck Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:54:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

IS IT TRUE?

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS IT TRUE?  (Read 1439 times)
Jesusa42

« on: March 28, 2009, 04:45:12 pm »

IS IT TRUE THAT BY GIVING YOUR MUSCOVIES LAYERS FEED THE EGGS ARE ONLY TO BE GOOD FOR THE KITCHEN AND NOT FOR THE SOLE BREEDING OF THEIR OWN.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cathy
Duck Herder Extraordinaire
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:41:11 pm »

Layer ration generally is nothing more than a regular poultry feed w/ increased amounts of calcium & possibly phosphorus to keep that ratio in balance.  You can feed your birds a regular ration & give free choice oyster shell and that would be sufficient for Muscovy because unlike chicken who have been selectively bred to lay beyond 'normal' (thereby depleting calcium in their body) Muscovy typically lay what they're naturally supposed to lay & then they go broody.  I personally do not feed commercial rations except for on the rare occasion.  Currently have a bag of gamebird starter I'm adding to the grain mix I use as I did not have the poultry concentrate I typically use.
Report Spam   Logged

The information I have provided in this message is based on my own personal experiences, the experiences of others who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, and a dash of opinion thrown in for extra flavor.  Your mileage may vary! Shocked)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics