Muscovy Duck Forum
August 25, 2019, 06:39:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Muscovy Duck Central forum!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Night Cage

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Night Cage  (Read 3254 times)
Cathy
Duck Herder Extraordinaire
Administrator

« on: June 23, 2009, 03:05:34 am »

Sounds like you have quite a predicament on your hands!  I'm not certain, but I've only ever heard of the deep litter method being used in winter because it creates warmth - not sure how that would work in the summer if it'd add heat to an already hot situation or what?  Of course, 'you gotta do what you gotta do'! 

I'm not sure what to tell you really as I've never had to deal with what you're going through.  Would it be possible to just pull that Landscape cloth from underneath the gravel and see if drainage doesn't improve?  I personally wouldn't put down concrete for a duck pen, but if I had to I definitely would add an angle to it so that if/when I sprayed it down or they splashed water out the water would run off easily. 

I hope that you can find something that helps correct your dilemma!  It doesn't sound pleasant, that's for sure! 
Report Spam   Logged

The information I have provided in this message is based on my own personal experiences, the experiences of others who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, and a dash of opinion thrown in for extra flavor.  Your mileage may vary! Shocked)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics